Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT]Advanced Drives Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:37:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

laserlight wrote:
> Key thing is a fun game--we can all live with some degree of
> less-than-realism. I think turn/thrust/turn (with unlimited
> turns) detracts from a) the thought required for
> maneuvering, and b) the variety of ship designs. I could
> nonetheless live with things the way they are, but I would
> want St Jon to bless a batch of Official Vector designs.

But wouldn't this have the net effect of creating two sets of
designs anyway?  "These are okay to play in cinematic, but, if
you only want to play in vector, you have to stick with these
ones?"

I'm starting to really, really wonder if having two separate
design systems, or, at least, two separate cost systems is the only
way to achieve true balance.  (i.e. a Kra'Vak ship is worth X points
in Cinematic, but Y points in Vector.)

JGH

--
Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"The snow is coming down, on our New England town, and it's been falling

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT]Advanced Drives Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....