Prev: [GZG] [FT] New NAC ships profiles and fighters Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:09:13 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Laserlight wrote:
> The point of this discussion is how Jon should change the vector rules
> such that ships designed for Cinematic will also be viable in Vector.
> We do NOT want a stable of Cinematic designs and a separate stable of
> Vector designs.

But here's the $64 question -- can there be designed a set of ships (or
more importantly, a design system for ships) that is balanced for
Cinenmatic movement, Vector movement, and interesting enough that people
can generate the flavour they want?

I'm not sure it's possible, not without requiring people to use
some common sense and try to refrain from going all Munchkin.  And
I'm aware the 'these rules need common sense, we're aware there are
loopholes' setup isn't a popular viewpoint these days.	(8-)

JGH
--
Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"The snow is coming down, on our New England town, and it's been falling

Prev: [GZG] [FT] New NAC ships profiles and fighters Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....