Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Peter Thoenen <eol1@y...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:38:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

{...SNIP Vector Options...}

Lots of people are commenting on future ship redesigns to reflect the
reality
of vector movement (no point to multiple arc weapons).	Would just like
to add
(as I primarily play cinematic) that redesigning as suggested would
break
cinematic play.  If we are going to make everything during the late KV
wars
single arc (to reflect vector rotation realities) then each ship really
should
have two weapons readouts ... its KV all weapons FA listing and a
cinematic
multiple arc listing.

I do like the comment somebody made that if it takes 1 thrust to rotate
you, it
really should take 1 thrust to stop you, therefore leave the current
vector
rotation rules in place but make a single rotation cost 2 thrust, not 1.

Castling: It has been brought up that castling (to steal a SFB Tourney
tactic)
is quite common in Cinematic play and they fear this may creep into
vector
play.  My playgroup always hated this and we just made a house rule that
all
ships must always have a min velocity of 1.  Not realistic but in space
(as we
have ZERO hit modifiers based on speed) there really is NO point to not
castling in a defense situation as you can always bear best weapons and
every
turn to boot.

Large ships not being as maneuverability: While this makes sense in
cinematic
play in vector play a ships maneuverability should only be limited by
its
thrust.  Mass really isn't a limiter in space on the scales we are
talking
about here.

"I think everyone understands that it's getting better every day.  Or
course, every nation that's got IEDS and drive-by shootings and suicide
bombers definitely got some security issues" -LTC Gibler, Mosul, IQ
05MAY30

You Think?

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....