Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: More Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:20:29 -0500
Subject: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

 1) The system as it currently stands (FT/FB1/FB2 standard): ie, 1
 thrust point will rotate any ship to any heading in vector movement.

 d) I've actually played this (with NAC, SV, NSL, FSE, ESU fleet(s)) and
dislike it.  I find it really allows the low thrust fleets almost all
the maneouvrability of the high-thrust fleets.

 2) The system used in the EFSB (the Babylon Project FT variant),
 where 1 thrust point only allows rotation by 1 course point (30
 degrees).

 d) I've actually played this (with NAC, FSE, Centauri, Narn, Earth
Force fleet(s)) and both like and dislike it.  It can be hard to drive
in vector, and being unable to turn more than a couple of facings makes
maneouvre very important.  I actually believe it makes planning your
maneouvre several turns in advance the pre-eminent feature of the game.
This makes the game a real planning game (with few options open to you)
and takes it far from beer and pretzels.

 3) 1 thrust point allows rotation by up to 2 course points (60
degrees).

 a) I haven't played this but like it in theory.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: More Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....