Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [Stargrunt]

RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:32:52 -0600
Subject: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

FleetBook vector system to cinematic for the most part (for
humans and aliens), and like Indy, have no trouble with the
Rotate-Move-Rotate. I like the feel of the turn sequence and movement
(though I agree that the move/fire dichotomy is annoying at times -
anybody
thought of doing something like isolating all fighter and missile
action,
plus PDS fire I suppose, prior to ship movement and fire?*). The biggest
thing that I've noticed with other players new to the game is that
breaking
them of the mindset that "all space games must act like SFB or BF:G (or
modern day naval/air engagements)" - once they get that out of their
head
then they seem to do fine.

* Proposed Revised Sequence:

1-     Write Orders

2-     Roll Initiative

3-     Move Fighters

4-     Launch Missiles

5-     Allocate Fighter and Missile Attacks

6-     Point Defense Fire

7-     Missile and Fighter Attacks

8-     Move Ships

9-     Ships Fire

10- Turn Ends

While dramatic, the idea just occurred me as I was pondering Impulse
Charts
v. the FT that I like.

I have never tried the EFSB version.

David

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [Stargrunt]