Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Zoe and Carmel Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 01:41:22 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

> 1) The system as it currently stands (FT/FB1/FB2 standard): ie, 1
thrust
> point will rotate any ship to any heading in vector movement.

> b) I haven't played this but dislike it in theory.

Makes behemoths too manouverable.

> 2) The system used in the EFSB (the Babylon Project FT variant), where
1
> thrust point only allows rotation by 1 course point (30 degrees).

> b) I haven't played this but dislike it in theory.

Makes behemoths too cumbersome.

> 3) 1 thrust point allows rotation by up to 2 course points (60
degrees).

> b) I haven't played this but dislike it in theory.

Makes KV's advantage too small, but otherwise OK

Suggestion 1:
2) for normal drives, 1) for advanced (KV) drives, no limit  on amount
of thrust devoted to turning.
Suggestion 2:
3) for normal drives, 1) for advanced drives, limit 50% on turning

--
Zoe & Carmel Brain
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....