Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: [GZG] Albert W Cho is out of the office.

Re: [GZG] Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

From: Sylvester Wrzesinski <xveers@g...>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 03:09:39 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

>I would have thought that wide fire arcs would be of very much use in
>Vector - you're options to manoeuver are more open as you don't have to
be
>pointing directly at your target to shoot.  This is the balance of the
KV
>narrow arc/move in any direction at full thrust.  Or am I missing
something?

Not really. Ships in vector movement have a very good chance of being
able to point themselves at a hostile target every turn, irrespective of

speed, and thus the points and space spent on the extra arcs is wasted.

>>OTOH, human-tech ships which are specifically designed for Vector
movement
>>tend to slaughter Kra'Vak pretty badly :-/
>>

>How would these ships differ from the FB1 ships?  I haven't designed
enough
>ships of my own to have tried all the tricks.

The basic point is above, but instead of having a collection of weapons
with wide arcs, the ships instead have a collection of weapons with only

a single arc, or two at most. This allows them to pack more firepower
into the same sized hull, since vector movement allows you a better idea

as to where your opponent's ships are going to be, hence the lesser need

for additional arcs.