Prev: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: [GZG] Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

Re: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

From: Jerry Cantrill <jwcantrill@e...>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 03:57:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

Though I have not tried the proposed costing 60 degree rotates at one
maneuver point each. I think it may be a good idea. This past ECC, I was
in a vector game of 3 BBs vs. 2 BBs and a couple of CLs. Though a good
game (thanks to my opponent on an excellently played win), it felt to me
more like a fighter dogfight than big guns slugging it out. It was all
tight maneuvering with no ship traveling outside a speed range of 8-12
MUs and all ships having firing resolutions in their Fore arcs at short
range every turn. I know that if I could not have been able to rotate my
big ships around as fast as that, I would have had to put more thought
into my movement orders. I am sure that the battle would have been far
different, more sweeping turns and driving back toward the target. The 6
TP DDs and CLs can still do the "dogfighting" if they want, but the 2 TP
SDNs should take a couple or three turns to do an 180.
-jerry