Prev: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: [GZG] FTL Jump in Tunnyverse

Re: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:17:18 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

> My reading of the rules, in particular the FB 2 mods to
> Vector Movement, would indicate that they would be
> slightly more handy than Hu'man ships, not having to point
> the ship to use Main Drives to change course, but the
> narrow firing arcs for the K-Guns would necessitate using
> points out of the manoeuver pool to keep tweeking the
> heading to bring guns to bear.

KV have an easy time keeping putting targets in their F arc,
but they have a hard time staying out of opponents' F arc.
I'd say that KV (and otehr high-maneuverability designs) are
less powerful in vector than they are in cinematic.

To fix that, it has been proposed for FT3 that a maneuver
point in vector will only let you turn you 60 degrees
instead of unlimited amounts--so if your target is behind
you, you'd have to use 3 points to turn to face instead of
the 1pt you'd use with the current system. If you try that,
please give us an After Action Report.

Prev: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: [GZG] FTL Jump in Tunnyverse