Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs Next: RE: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 06:32:40 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

> >Hehe.  That's because in the real world, we don't find a
> fair fight >entertaining, and a great deal of effort is
> put into preventing them. >:)

Of course, that's assuming your intel is accurate.  If you
ambush 5 trucks and 2 APCs, and it turns out there's another
3 MICVs trailing 200m behind...

> going to be a smaller force >than the ambushee.  So if he
> doesn't inflict crippling losses quickly, >then he is
> going to get overrun when the ambushee gets his act
> >together and counterattacks.

Which suggests that part of the scenario should be a
mechanism for "how long does it take the ambushee to get his
act together?" The convoy may be unblooded troops on their
way to the front, might take a suppression or two just from
being ambushed. Or might start firing in all
directions...including towards friendlies.

> Anyway, you're right - balance is a challenge.  In the
> case of the ambush  scenario, you probably have to place
> limits for the ambusher ("you have to  complete as much
> damage as you can as quickly as possible and then withdraw
> to preserve your force") so they don't try to die in place
> to win...

As that memorable low-casualties SG2 game you ran a couple
of years ago.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs Next: RE: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs