Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] XMAS OFFER REMINDER and Xmas holiday closing. Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: Carlos Lourenco <loscon@g...>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:56:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

ones that look like road apples, you know the solid
chunk of meat ones, and then there's the "frankfurters" no they're not
made
by Grot and Weigel or Hummels or Boars Head. You'd think you could roast
them on a fire to get sort of a "hot dog expereince" out of them but
actually that doesn't quite pan out just so.

But the biggest bogosity of MREs is that every one by default doesn't
come
with cheese. personally I like to smother whatever is in the MRE with
cheese, just to make it taste...different.

One of my favorite field meals came from the old C rations: Ham and Egg
omlet--Awesome. I saw it replicated in an MRE a few years ago only once,
not
too bad.

It should be a given with any soldier in any army of the world at any
time
frame from 2000 years ago to 2000 years from now that you will have to
want
to supplement your field rations with  some little something of your own
in
order to personalize it to your likings. Likewise to think that one
going to
get Mom's cooking out of a bag is pretty stupid too.

BTW the more heavily involved you are in combat-training operations both
physically and otherwise, the better the chow tastes. (Wlaking 10 hours
aday
with 40-100 lbs of crap deoes that to you) But when your back in the
contonement area and they breakout MREs because the mes s hall is only
providing one or two hots a day then it's WTF!!!