Prev: RE: Re: [GZG] A planetary assault as a wargames campaign - Kra'Vak Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:15:35 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Glenn wrote:

>Oerjan Ariander wrote:
>
> > You were talking about ARMOURED support above. Generally speaking,
> > trucks and helos aren't considered to be "armoured support" -
although
> > I've noticed that the US Army now calls a platoon of 4xM1114
armoured
> > HumVees a "motorized tank platoon", so maybe the requirements to
count
> > as "armoured" are being softened nowadays <g>
>
><snip>
>
>I would like to see your source for this comment.  Not that I doubt you
as
>to it be said I just...doubt the source's IQ.

My source: several articles in Armor Magazine over the past year, mostly

ones where "motorized tank" units in Iraq describe how they re-organized
make the best out of limited assets

(BTW Glenn, your posts are *heavily* formatted. Please re-set to "plain
text" if at all possible!)

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com