Prev: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: RE: [GZG] A planetary assault as a wargames campaign

Re: [GZG] A planetary assault as a wargames campaign

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:57:42 EST
Subject: Re: [GZG] A planetary assault as a wargames campaign

In a message dated 11/27/05 2:34:00 AM Central Standard Time,
John_Tailby@xtra.co.nz writes:

<snip>

I kind of like the idea that a powerful but technologically
deficient/challenged (not too much reduced level of tech although HVC
hordes...)  force
invades a colony of higher tech but significantly expendable
(temporarily)
geopolitical (astropolitical?) value.  The defending high tech force has
 lots of
opponents but can't lose too many units in any one battle if they hope
to hold
off the attackers in multiple battles for a significant period of time
before
the 'home world' or even better 'Allied proxy' can come to their aid
because
of 'higher priority' - their own colonies are threatened -  needs.

If I put the People's Holy Republic on steroids or increase the
strength of
the IC (and their IF mercs) then the Native People's Republic  (mentor
being
NI off course) might have it's hands full in my campaign  setting.

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: RE: [GZG] A planetary assault as a wargames campaign