Prev: RE: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:25:42 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

John Tailby wrote on 11/23/2005 06:19:44 PM:

> When I made my comments about equatorial landing zones I
> made the assumption that the landing craft would be a more
> advanced version of the space shuttle. If the landing
> craft have full antigrav then they could land straight down.

The planet assault campaign map I showed Nyrath was a series of orbits,
with the closest, 'insertion' circle as geosync, and was over the
equator.
I did this to simplify game mechanics, but PS(ocialogical)B'd it as
strict
operational ROE's(more appropriate term?). Approaching combatant craft,
though I assumed all space vehicles for safety issues, were required to
maintain equitorial orbits to reduce collateral damage.

Nicely, this gave me a two dimensional map. ;->=

Note, this was assumed to be within the Tufflyverse implied stepped
level
of violence; core worlds, no war, inner colonies for the map above,
'gentlemen's conflicts', and outer colonies, 'wild west'.

Winchell, the few attempts at populating the world map had an
undeveloped
equatorial strip, that was assumed left for safe 'landing'.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault