Prev: RE: [GZG] BITS (was sci-fi egyptians?) Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: Roger Books <roger.books@g...>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:08:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

depends on weapons doesn't it?	I can't count the number of
military sci-fi stories where air power has been written out of the
equation.  Hammers Slammers and the Bolo books come to mind.  One big
planetary defense weapon in a city could make Ortillery useless.

As for your low-tech high-tech comparison the combat technology in the
GZG
universe hasn't progressed all that much.  I can see the tech edge being
insignificant.	OTH the training edge is going to be huge.  I don't know
about you but I would place my money on a modern special forces unit
with
WWII weaponry over militia with the latest and greatest.

Roger Books