Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:27:56 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!

Thanks, Dean. Obviously, my confusion is even greater than yours.

> Larger versions of the same ships are available from a toy
> distributor (don't
> have the link handy)

You mean the resin cast ones? I thought ICE was still selling them, too.
Course, I'm pretty sure I saw them at Origins being sold out of another
booth, but can't recall whom. Picked up one; should make a nice trophy
if I
ever get SD tourneys running. Some of the same folk swearing they'd like
see FT flying again, actually.

> All the while the plastics are still available from ICE
> for Silent Death and
> RAFM still makes the metal versions of the minis, also
> available from ICE
> (ironcrown.com)

Ok, I was afraid I was saying IronWind, not confusing with Iron Crown
Enterprises, but with the 'Tech they're still doing. Right now, my brain
hurts so from trying to learn to be an emergency responder, I'm not sure
of
much of anything.

Maybe it's a RAFM/Ral Partha confusion?

> That RAFM action may be more "under the table, recouping
> monies owed by
> ICE and never paid".	Moral but not necessarily legal.  It
> might even be
> legal, but if it is, it's probably because of sloppy legal
> work by the
> people who believe they've bought the rights to the models.

Good point, Tom; some of us are just beginning to see how complex the
whole
issue of rights is when you're talking intercontinental, right?

Hell, Nebraska and Kansas can't get simple water rights straight. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault