Prev: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!

From: dean@s...
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:46:00 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!

Quoting Doug Evans:
>> > I was intrigued by your other raider page with the SSDs
>> and little pics of
>> > ships which look remarkably like some Italerie (Sp?
>> Italian company that
>> > make plastic models and soldiers) ships I got a while back.
>>
>> They're all from Silent Death, and were hand drawn in the
>> days before
>> digital cameras where common.
>
> David, are you thinking of Stratelabri(horrible sp?)? Took over the
ICE
> plastic designs for a bit, including the Space Rangers and those robot
> thingies; I think Iron Wind is doing the metal casting, but I'm not
sure
> about that.

I have never understood who actually owns the rights to these plastic
minis that
were in the Silent Death boxed set.  They are now sold under the name
"XXX Century Starships" from Nexus, formerly Atlantic and the Italeri
logo is in the
bottom corner.
http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=17_17999967&
products_id=117190

You can also get them from EM4 Miniatures: www.em4miniatures.com

Larger versions of the same ships are available from a toy distributor
(don't
have the link handy)

All the while the plastics are still available from ICE for Silent Death
and
RAFM still makes the metal versions of the minis, also available from
ICE
(ironcrown.com)

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!