Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 05:43:31 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

<mega snip>
> My thought is that these force numbers respresent the huge
> difficulty of transporting large armed forces across
> space.

All this seems to make sense, except...if it's so expensive
to ship 5000 troops and their supplies in 2190, how could
anyone have been able to afford to plant a colony in 2090?

One possibility is that there are two types of FTL, as we
were discussing for the VectorVerse. One is cheap and easy
but has you arrive in a predictable point which the natives
can easily defend; the other is more difficult and expensive
but gives you a more flexible exit point. (As I recall, the
Posleen-verse uses this sort of arrangement).

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault