Prev: Re: [GZG] Rim Pirates Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Probability formula needed

[GZG] [OT] Probability formula needed

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:45:07 -0600
Subject: [GZG] [OT] Probability formula needed

Hi, folks.

This is a bit off topic, but may be of general interest to the folks
on the list. I'm posting here because this is the place I'd most
likely expect to see an answer!

I need a probability formula. The situation is as follows:

You have 7 objects owned by 7 people. If you were to randomly guess
which person owns which object, what is the probability that you would
guess all 7 objects correctly? Guess 5 out of 7 correctly? Guess 4 out
of 7 correctly?

Instead of just the answers, I'd prefer the actual probability
formula. It's been decades since I studied probability theory. A link
to a web site with probability formulas would be good, too (and would
be on topic for a gaming list! *grin*).

Any help would be appreciated!

Allan
--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Rim Pirates Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Probability formula needed