Prev: RE: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!

Re: [LST] Multiple copies Re: [GZG] Phalon meaness and how to beat it

From: Matthew Tope <kirov76@g...>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:35:38 +0000
Subject: Re: [LST] Multiple copies Re: [GZG] Phalon meaness and how to beat it

Hi John,

On 15/11/05, John Tailby <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi
>
> One question, You are allowing ships to target ordnance with main
weapons as well as point defence?

Yes, we are.

> If so then with the -2 modifier for shooting at ordnance with ship
weapons massed ranks of short range pulse torpedos would be the way to
go.

> We play that ships can use main weapons against ordnance when it isn't
attacking ships.

> How does your group resolve the firing of main weapons at ordnance?

In answer to your question we use the beta test rules for using
anti-shipping weapons to fire on ordanance outlined in the beta test
fighter rules which were posted on this list about 18 months or so
ago. In a nutshell this allows any direct fire anti-shipping weapon to
fire on any fighter group or missile salvo or AMT or PBL in range and
arc, normal fire control rules permitting. In the beta test rules each
type of ordanace target is listed with an anti shipping fire modifier
which is applied to the anti shipping weapons normal roll to hit.

 For example, pulse torps or K-guns firing on PBL's suffer a -3 to hit
mod, so have an effective range against PBL's of 12mu, hitting on a 5
or 6 out to 6mu and hitting on a 6 out to 12mu. Each hit reduces the
PBL's strength by 1 pt (you don't roll the pulse torps damage die
here, its the actual hit which counts). Fighters do not have an
auto-matic anti-shipping weapon modoifer when fired at by such weapons
but can spend CEF, each CEF point spent provides a -1 modifier.

Weapons fired in this way cannot be used to fire on any other target
that turn including other warships. Additionally the beta test rules
alter the sequence of firing so that all ships resolve all attacks,
whether with AS weapons against ships, PD weapons against ordanace or
any combination thereof there and then. Ordanance and fighter attacks
are all resolved once all ships have fired.

The anti PBL tactic I have adopted only works because of these beta test
rules.

Hopefully these rules are still available on the net somewhere, if any
one knows where they are perhaps they would be kind enough to point
them John's way.

Cheers,

Matt Tope

Prev: RE: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!