Prev: Re: RE: [GZG] Phalon meaness and how to beat it Next: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!

RE: [GZG] Phalon meaness and how to beat it

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:04:55 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] Phalon meaness and how to beat it

6'x5' tables using cm scale and fixed edge (a "combat box" engagement).

Deployment was starting speed of 6-12, alternating deployment along
appropriate table edge (usually a 6" section of table).

The scenario I played against him (as the "gumby" due to odd player
numbers)
was a basic meeting engagement - deploy opposite edges and shoot away.

On the table size used, inches is too close contact for good
maneouvring;
you need at least 12'x10' (144x120 MU) to allow all fleet types
opportunity
to use their equipment.

If your "combat box" is too small, fleets like Phalon and FSE seem
overpowered, as the targets have no room to evade ordinance.  If it gets
too
big, you can't reach the middle and high thrust fleets (such as Kra'vak)
can
control the engagement ranges too much.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: Re: RE: [GZG] Phalon meaness and how to beat it Next: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!