Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:32:46 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 08:38:46AM +0100, Claus Paludan wrote:

>On a side note - has anyone tried or read Victory By Any Means.. is it
>overkill or do they have something usefull that should prompt me to buy
it??

It's pretty good stuff. A bit heavyweight, but it _is_ designed to be
played as a stand-alone game rather than just a front-end to a tactical
game (it has its own large-scale tactical resolution system). It's
mostly quite generic though it does rely on the idea of "jump lanes"
(that limit both where you can go and how many ships you can move at
once) rather than allowing free movement. Definitely worth a look, I'd
say; it's what I'm likely to use if I ever run another campaign.

There's an unofficial tie-in package on the VBAM yahoogroup site - which
I believe uses some of the battle setup from my (and hence Reason's)
system. :-)

Roger

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions