Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:31:34 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

***
If the players represent regional commanders for their own "Race" and
they
have a home outpost base but are getting reinforcements from their own
backers then you could introduce other dimensions into the reinforcement
pool. maybe a sucessful commander gets less reinforcements because High
Command don't think they need them or don't want a too popular commander
having direct control of too much of the warmachine. On the other hand a
player that has been defeated heavly and has their home base in danger
of
falling may get extra reinforcements to represent High Commands concern
about losing their presence in the area.
***

Before someone else points it out, 1st ed Imperium had a 'glory index'
that
indicated how much support the vilani player could get from the supreme
command. I think there was a danger of doing TOO well.

I know Dunnigan had trouble with something similar in BattleFleet Mars
that
Simenson had crafted, if I remember dramatis personas correctly.

On a different note, my system fourway campaign design had simplistic
(TSR's Buck Rogers board game) orbital mechanics that meant that allies,
on
opposite sides of the outer orbital ring, had enemies 'to the right and
left of them.' Ganging up should have meant draining 'borders' to the
other
enemy.

Never did get it going properly, but thought it had potential.

The_Beast