Prev: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions

Re: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:35:48 +1300
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions

> From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@tiscali.dk>
> > One fundamental problem of this sort of campaign system is that the
side
> > that starts winning tends to keep winning - it gets more planets,
has
> > more resources, builds more ships and wins more battles, and several
> > turns before the game ends it's clear who's going to win.
Backstabbing
> > and mutable alliances seem to be the only way round this that I've
> > encountered.
>
> I don't even know how many players I will have. There's potential for
up
> to 9 players at the moment 2 FSE, 2 UNSC, 1 ESU, 1 NAC, 1 NSL, 1
Kra'Vak
>   and one player who resently moved to Denmark - he has several
fleets,
> but I don't know which ones.. If all want's to play I will probaly go
> abstract in many places to help ease running the campaign. The fewer
> players (and depending a bit on which players) more RPG and narrative
> and detail can be added.
One issue that can occur with any "all on all" campaign is that the way
to win is for 2-3 players to ally together and then they crush 1-2
people very quickly for negliable losses. Its not really much fun or
even a test of skill if you are playing battles where you are outpointed
2 to 1.

With the kind of mix you have you could easily get the 2 FSE and the ESU
player allying and then just about everyone else would need to ally to
keep them off.

Prev: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions