Prev: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Royal Dutch Commonwealth?

Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:00:59 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions

John K. Lerchey wrote:

> One way to handle this, more abstractly than tracking resource points
> and less abstractly than making them universal, would be to require
> shipping lanes between systems.  Any system under blockade, or with a
> blocked shipping lane would have it's resource production reduced
(with
> no shipping lane, maybe to 25%, and blockaded to 0%).  If a player
> places warships into an enemy shipping lane, consider it to be
blocked.

> To do raiding scenarios, the player could move along a shipping lane
> which would not block it, but instead would have some chance of
> triggering a raid.  Each player could (or perhaps be forced to) also
> designate a certain number of ships to anti-piracy duty acting as
> escorts.  When the raid scenario happens, take some percentage of the
> escort ships and put them in to protect the transports.
>
> Then come up with some penalty for losing the transport (some amount
of
> reduction in resource points for the turn) and give the raiding force
> bonus (especially if they capture the transports!).
>
> That's just a suggestion off the top of my head.  I may not have
thought
> it through very clearly, but it does offer a different solution. :)

A very interesting idea - this might be a solution that the roleplayer
in me can live with :) On the other hand I will now have to manage the
escort ships as well hehe.

But any ideas are more than welcome.. I will go where Paul and Roger has

gone before and write the campaign rules down so everyone will know what

to do and what not to do.
--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan

W-site : http://www.krigsspil.dk - Danish Miniature Wargaming Society
MSN : claus_paludan [at] hotmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Royal Dutch Commonwealth?