Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT Next: Re: [GZG] [LST] Update of web support

Re: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:31:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT

> And the spread of a task force is limited by the computing power on
> the ships. It worked quite well when we fought the Battle of the Two
> Suns at TravellerCon 2004, with 80+ ships in play!!

Which reminds me to tell about how we handed Trafalgar with 60+ ships.

The GM had business cards made up with Firing Ship, Target Ship,
Damage, and a few things specific to that game system (eg Rake).  Each
player would figure out his target, get a witness, roll damage, and
record it on a card.
  There were two trays, each divided into 2x2" slots and with a ship's
name on each compartment.  The GM passed the English tray to the
French (so we could put the cards in their proper slots), then to the
English (so they could pull their cards and record damage).

Using this approach we were able to resolve fire for sixty ships in
about five minutes.

The modification I'd make for FT would be to have a separate set of
cards with pre-generated thresholds.  That is, the GM would have a
card pregenerated for each ship.  The First Threshold card for
Richthofen might be "lose 1 PDS", the Second Threshold might be "lose
Beam Turret 1, FTL and one level Main Drive" and so forth.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT Next: Re: [GZG] [LST] Update of web support