Prev: [GZG] Finished version of the roving mech (and his little friend) Next: Re: [GZG] [LST] Update of web support

Re: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:56:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT

> We tried playing with simultaneous damage application so that damage
from
> ship fire is accumulated and all threshold checks apply at the end
of ship
> fire, then fighters attach and all damage is resolved and then there
are
> theshold checks apply then missiles and similar ordnance attacks.

Big ships will still have an advantage, as I mentioned when we went
through this a few days ago.  The dreadnoughts will knock out more
systems thanthe cruisers will, for a given amount of damage.

 > In regards to "initiative = who gets there with the mostest" In a
high tech
> universe like BFG everything is run by computer so the computers can
> accurately calculate the instant the enemy ship will be in range.

You are making the assumption that "in range" is a discrete point,
which is not likely to be the case.

Prev: [GZG] Finished version of the roving mech (and his little friend) Next: Re: [GZG] [LST] Update of web support