Prev: Re: [GZG] Squadron size Next: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

[GZG] Re: Iris Valves

From: Michael Robert Blair <pellinoire@y...>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:08:58 +0100 (BST)
Subject: [GZG] Re: Iris Valves

I used the iris valve trick a few years ago building a
repair dock for Full Thrust. I discovered it more or
less by accident. The dock is like many other projects
sitting nearly finished. The closer something comes to
completion the more I loose interest in it. The part
of model making I hate is adding the details, I know
this is maybe the most important, make or break, stage
and that most people love it but I hate it, give me a
blank sheet of foamcore or plasticard any day.

You could cast the portal for the Iris valve and then
add the plasticard disc separately for closed or leave
out the disc for open.

Michael

It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of this
has done what he has done.
  - Richelieu

Prev: Re: [GZG] Squadron size Next: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)