Prev: RE: [GZG] Diceless? Next: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

[GZG] dice and iris portals

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:43:50 -0400
Subject: [GZG] dice and iris portals

Binhan:

Not sure you can assume the case of one dice providing a single damage
point should be
excluded. That's a conclusion I believe doesn't have any evidence to
support it in the
initial problem case. So I wouldn't leave it out.

But otherwise, we're in agreement. :)

Roger:

I think Fantasy Forge (same guys that do dungeon halls) do some 25mm
stuff for sci-fi,
IIRC. I'm not sure if they have a separate IRIS valve. I'm sure we've
got a resident
paper-products geek who could produce a good injet-able Iris valve that
could be put on
some foamcore and them the foamcore could be inserted between hallway
segments (or between
hallway walls) as the bulkhead + hatch. If said nameless artist-in-paper
can produce a
hatch that is closed, a little work with a penknife could also produce
'open hatch'
versions. The cost would be cheaper than resins.

Other places to check would be Armorcast, Old Crow (maybe?), GW, etc.
Manufacturing one
and then making a plaster or resin pour-mould ought not to be too hard
either. Or coming
up with a standard form and using some foamcore, styrene and/or balsa,
you could produce a
number of them to a roughly uniform standard. A bit of paint, a decal or
two (things like
steelplate wall textures or control panels, and voila.

Also I-Kore (I-Core)'s Void line may have something.

Prev: RE: [GZG] Diceless? Next: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)