Prev: RE: [GZG] Squadron size Next: Re: [GZG] laser classes

Re: [GZG] Squadron size

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:25:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Squadron size

Along with much of FT, I never considered the squadrons HAD to be six
fighters; just six steps of damage and fire, with other fighter versions
variation on the same.

That said, the fact that you can get dice higher numbered than a d6, a
not
uncommon way of representing a squadron being a single die, I played
with
the idea of 'em being larger. I've never been good about point
valuations,
so can't comment about NPV/CPV adjustments, either to squadrons or the
ships that carry them.

The one area I had a concern about, strangely, was fighters vs. SM's.
With
a Teske field in effect, a squadron that takes out a full salvo could
itself be annihilated by back blast. Couldn't happen if the squadron was
larger.

Doesn't mean I'm totally missing obvious problems elsewhere...

Which, I suppose, begs another question: how about variant size salvos?

The_Beast

Prev: RE: [GZG] Squadron size Next: Re: [GZG] laser classes