Prev: Re: [GZG] Diceless? Next: RE: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes

RE: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes

From: dean@s...
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:42:40 -0500
Subject: RE: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes

> You are asking a different question: Does using more batteries produce
> an increased chance of causing 19 points, and the answer is yes.  The
> above analysis was for a specific event and limited itself to fixed
> end-point - 19 points in 10 dice.  You are asking if given an
unlimited
> pool of dice, would more dice have a greater chance of scoring 19
points
> than fewer and the answer is yes. If you limit the dice pool (10 dice)
> the answer is no.

I think in this case, we are dealing with a pool of 11 dice instead of
10, as
Beam A could miss totally (1-3 on the d6) and then Beam B hits with a 6
and so
on for a total of 10 dice from B alone.  Together that is 11 dice, so
the
probability we are looking for is the chance to get 19 points of damage
with a
pool of 11 dice.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Diceless? Next: RE: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes