Prev: Re: [GZG] Diceless? Next: Re: [GZG] Diceless?

Re: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@t...>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:23:18 -0700
Subject: Re: Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes

Hi,

I think that the only mistake that Binhan is making is that there
is an additional restriction on the two beam vs. one beam problem.

There is an additional die that must miss for the two beam problem.

For the one beam problem, the die rolls must follow this sequence:
6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,{4,5}

For the two beam problem the die rolls must follow this sequence:
6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,{4,5},{1,2,3}

Note that there is an extra roll for the two beam case. Having said
that, I don't think that it changes the odds very much.

Other than that, what Binhan is saying about the distribution of
dice for the two problems being irrelevant is true.

Cheers,
Tony.