Prev: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest) Next: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:34:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)

From: "R Campbell-Jones"
> A few nights ago I came across a web page that
> implied a 3rd edition was actively in development, if not imminent.

That would be correct. No actual signed-in-blood promise date that
I've heard, which I expect means you've got at least a few months.

> Secondly, I'm trying	to come up with a translation to hexes for the
> cinematic movement rules. I've tried a few ideas, none of which
accurately
> simulate free movement, but I'm convinced that this is inevitable
given the
> hex grid and not a major problem.

I've considered hexgrid for vector, hadn't thought about it for
cinematic (and hadn't written anything up about it anyway). You'd want
twelve-point movement--ie the ability to move along hex spines as well
as the hex grain--and some means of resolving which hex you're in if
there's any doubt. (which could be "slip to the outside of your turn"
or "if you're ending on a hex spine, roll 1- to slip left, 4-6 to move
right").
 And you'd want to compress the scale a bit unless you have a really
big hex map.  I'd suggest 2 or 3 mu per hex.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest) Next: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest)