Prev: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP Next: Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

From: Brian B <brianbinor@g...>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:38:18 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

On 10/13/05, John K Lerchey <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> I don't think that it's a crap answer.  At least not from what I know
> about people doing casting.  So, on each mold you need to put in hulls
and
> turrets.  Thus, when you cast, you get X hulls and X turrets.  If you
> don't know what mix people want, you have tons of excess hulls or
turrets
> sitting around.

And the same risk is involved in only casting stock designs with both
the turret and hull specific to each other.  So if you make X Vehicle
and Y vehicle, and people only buy Y vehicle, you're stuck the same
way.

To take it a step further,  what if you had people who said to
themselves, "Ya know, I like turret X, but Hull X just doesn't do it
for me.  Turret Y, on the other hand, is pants, but HULL Y, now that
just rocks my world (even if that world isn't Earth in this case).
They may buy both and toss the extras, if they're rich (yeah, right!
They're gamers!), or they may just pass.  Or they could email you and
ask, and if you created both vehicles with the same size hole and post
for both turrets and hulls, you're good to go.	If not, you lose a
sale.

>  But I won't join y'all in bitching about not being able
> to.

I thought I was commenting, not bitching.  Sorry, from now on, I'll
only post smiley happy comments.

> GZG and Brigade have both allowed me to special order individual
turrets,
> or non-standard mixes of things.

So I've noticed, and I think that's great.  My point was, I think
you'd make a killing if you made sure that as many turrets as possible
could be switched on as many hulls as possible.

>  I *greatly* appreciate their willingness
> to do so, but I don't think that they are obligated.

Where did I say they were obligated?  I just said I thought it would
make more sense if they did.