Prev: Re: [GZG] More beta ships Next: [GZG] [FT] Repair ships

Re: [GZG] More beta ships

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:15:31 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] More beta ships

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 06:15:03PM -0500, Doug Evans wrote:
>Ok, but it needs a suitable translation, then transliteration(?) for
>Romanized alphabet for proper initials...

The problem is that Teikoku Kaigun, or Imperial Navy, is the term that
was used in WWII - and I really don't think we want to go there, for all
it was _also_ used before WWI in the era that a lot of the politics and
ship names seem to come from.

Uchuu no Kaigun would be "Space Navy", and that's probably the best bet
for the moment.

Roger

Prev: Re: [GZG] More beta ships Next: [GZG] [FT] Repair ships