Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Newest FT ships now available!! :-) Next: Re: [GZG] More beta ships

Re: [GZG] Re: DS/SG - mapping vehicles to nations

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:23:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: DS/SG - mapping vehicles to nations

>Beast,
>
>Yeah, could be.  But I would still think that there could be some
>level of at least "national tendency" to buy certain vehicles.  Like
>maybe the NSL just doesn't like the Phalanx APC and tends to use a
>different one.  Or maybe the FSE doesn't use hover vehicles because
>of maintenance issues. <shrug>.
>
>Since there *are* gzg nations listed, it could be nice to have some
>level of official guideance as to what they would tend to field. :)

Well, the simple explanation is that the 25mm vehicle line (which
came before the 6mm one) was designed and produced BEFORE the
"official" GZG-verse was ever thought of! Originally they were just a
selection of generic vehicle designs that people could use with
whatever figures they liked (at that time, in the late '80s, I didn't
make figures - just resin stuff!). Hence none of them were designed
with the NAC, ESU etc in mind. Then, when FT 2nd ed came out in 1991,
suddenly we had a Universe - but I didn't want to tie specific
vehicles in to specific powers because I felt that would tie down
people's freedom of choice - you know what some players are like - so
we kept a generic "use whatever you think is cool" outlook.

For what it's worth, when we've done forces for demo games and stuff
like that, I tend to use the following - but this should NOT be taken
as an "official" endorsement, it's just a guideline as to my own
preferences!!

NAC: Phalanx/Paladin/MMRAV series
NSL: Gauntlet, Slammer, Goliath, Rommel, hover jeep
FSE: Wombat, Gladiator
ESU: Leviathan
UNSC: Kivruzh, Avrazh etc (now OOP in 25mm)

Jon (GZG)

>John K. Lerchey
>Computer and Network Security Coordinator
>Computing Services
>Carnegie Mellon University
>

>On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Doug Evans wrote:
>
>>>They all had mappings.  IIRC you didn't say you were after an
official
>>mapping.
>>
>>More, a mapping of JUST GZG to nations, I think.The lists tended to be
GZG