Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Mini Dropship picture Next: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Newest FT ships now available!! :-)

From: david garnham <garnhamghast@f...>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 00:08:25 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Newest FT ships now available!! :-)

 "Andreas Udby" <javelin98@lycos.com>
 To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu

 So... has anyone seen pics of these things yet?  Not that I would ever
dare to put pressure upon Jon or GZG, but my curiousity is killing me.

 Andreas

 Jon has just dropped some off for me to paint up as display models. The
glow worm will not disapoint I think :}
The two modular cargo vessels with the chemical and cargo pods are
lovely. They have a very ESU look to the front of them I think, making
them ideal for ESU fleet tenders or merchant shipping.
The short haul passenger transport is a little thing of beauty, NOT at
ALL influenced by a certain ship in Battlestar Galactica the new series
:} The space plane is very nice and sreamlined. The heavy atmospheric
lifter is like a fat space shuttle and looks very nice indeed. The
generic space freighter (falcon class i think?) will either be loved or
hated. I love it but it is boxy and kind of asymetrical.The new NAC
ships follow on from the recent new ones, but I think Jon may have taken
notice of the comments and although the teardrop shape still has weapon
bits on I don't think they're as prevelant as on the first few. Very
nice sculpts once again, the larger ones being two parters with the
teardrop fitting onto the hull in a similar manner to the new ESU.
I don't get paid for saying this - honest! If I thought the ships were
cack I would say nothing. I happen to think they're very nice though and
you'll be able to see soon on the minis page and SCN and the GZG website
hopefully. Right I'm off to Crete for two weeks!
Dave

War! What is it good for? Er.....gaming