Prev: Re: [GZG] FT starships - the next batch..... Next: [GZG] FT starships - the next batch.....

RE: [GZG] [SG]cheese?

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:31:12 -0700
Subject: RE: [GZG] [SG]cheese?

I may be coming into this a little late and may have missed a few posts,
but...

I have always thought that "power" weapons were a bit silly.  I do
however know of a nice alternative that seems at least a bit more
"realistic" - vibro-weapons, monofilament, or even "heat" blades.  These
weapons are all variants on a solid blade but make it more effective.

Also, though GW has made it sort of silly, chain weapons would be ideal
for boarding as would hydraulic claws and such.  These could be carried
by PA just as easily as they are carried by firefighters today and might
be bolted onto the arms of Pas to allow them use of their guns and
hands.

I would also ventures that a good ol' fashioned crowbar or fire axe
would still be quite effective in boarding operations.	Goop bombs and
other non-lethal weapons would also be a good way of dealing with
boarders and repellers without having to risk damaging the very stuff
you are trying to steal.

Eli