Prev: [GZG] John L's UN Flag Next: Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players today

Re: [GZG] John L's UN Flag

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:19:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] John L's UN Flag

Hi TomB,

I had in mind that the smaller white dots do indeed represent early star

nations, but I did not specifically ID them individually.  The central,
larger dot represents Sol.

The other dots represent, in no particular order or placement, just as
the
individual 13 stars of the first flag of the United States of America
represented the first 13 colonies *with no star specifically
representing
any specific colony (at least to my knowledge)*:

NSL
NAC
ESU
FSE
OU

That's the best I can tell you. To be perfectly honest, I was striving
make a flag that was clearly representative of the current UN flag, but
updated for the Tufflyverse. That's what I cam up with. :)

John

--On Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:06 PM -0400 Thomas Barclay
<kaladorn@magma.ca> wrote:

> Jon T tells me they're producing a UN flag designed by John L. which
> features a slightly different take on the classic UN symbol.
>
> When asked about the iconography on that new flag, Indy supplied some
> part of an answer, but I didn't get the detail I wanted, perhaps John
L,
> if he's reading this, could contribute his answer?
>
> What is are the sectors and what do they represent?
> What are the white dots, and what do they represent?
> If the dots are meant to represent particular nations (say the early
> starfarers or something), who would that be? Can someone point to a
> particular dot and say "This one is for the ESU" etc.?
>
> I just ask because when I start slapping these all over my minis, my
> players (being either keenly observant or else just plain trivialists
at
> heart) will want to know.
>
> Tom B

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: [GZG] John L's UN Flag Next: Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players today