Prev: Re: [GZG] Beta Playtest Rules Next: Re: [FT] Intact/Destroyed vs All Damaged [GZG] Beta Playtest Rules

RE: [GZG] Beta Playtest Rules

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:23:23 -0500
Subject: RE: [GZG] Beta Playtest Rules

> I record them as 3 entries: one for the first 2 B2s,
> one for the B1s, and one for the last two
> B2s firing at the other target.

"One for the first 2 B2s, one for the B1s" will mean a change of play as
well as of record keeping, as most players I know just lump all dice on
target, as long as those dice give the same results with the same roll,
i.e., sixes are two points of damage and reroll...

One suggestion for those who want to run playtests for group members who
might not want to be quite so specific, is use different color dice for
the
different weapons. "Here are your five dice for results" and hand them
four
green for the B2's, and one white for the B1.

I have to wonder if it wouldn't be almost as easy to declare 4/5's of
any
hits for the B2's, and 1/5 for the B1.

Is this trip really necessary?

As an aside, I DID find a mix of colored dice very useful in threshold
rolls for smaller craft on a recent battle; 'here's the pile o' dice
that
represents all the systems on your ship' with, say, three green dice for
the three FC's, four white dice for the four 360 B1's, one blue for the
starboard B2, one red for the forward B2, etc.

Did have to have two sets of rolls to cover all systems, but did seem
quicker than 'first roll for this B1, miss, second roll for this B1,
miss,
third roll for this B2, down,...'

I just needed to assign colors and which system was in each set of rolls
on
the SSD, and away we went.

Huge YMMV, of course.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Beta Playtest Rules Next: Re: [FT] Intact/Destroyed vs All Damaged [GZG] Beta Playtest Rules