Prev: Re: [GZG] Re:hex cloth. Next: [GZG] Hex starmap

Re: [GZG] Hex cloth

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:16:58 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Hex cloth

Litko make a number of spray templates
<http://www.litkoaero.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=
LAI&Category_Code=GGT>
although these are more expensive than a single ready made cloth !

How about making a sort of fancy 'potato print' ? Make a suitably sized
hex out of card / wood / mdf / whatever and put narrow strips of foam
(1/4") around the edge. Dip this in white paint, stamp on cloth and
repeat ad infinitum. If you made up a stamp with several hexes on then
the process could be speeded up a lot.

Finally, on the Brigade site we have a description
(<http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Frames/Galleries/VAN-3.html> - bottom
of page) of an Aeronef board made by sticking lots of bits of card down
to delineate the hexes. Fiddly, but looks good.

Tony