Prev: RE: [GZG] Help with scaling on Heavy Gear Minis (second trywithoutthe cruddy stationary) Next: Re: [GZG] Help with scaling on Heavy Gear Minis (second trywithoutthe cruddy stationary)

Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 31, 2005

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:38:34 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 31, 2005

An update from the Kra'vak side:
http://www.twins4ever.dk/cougarscorner/index.php?showtopic=139&st=0&#ent
ry332

@Gregory - I don't think there is much to add to this scenario - it was
only a test of ship capabilites - why we wrote up a whole scenario for
it..?? Well that's just us.. Don't put too much into it.. try it out
(only takes 4-5 turns lol) if you like, but better and real scenarios
will turn up later :)

@Oerjan - don't go too deep into the weapon statistics - it doesn't
really matter for us. We have played 3 games now with the Kra'vak - the
first one pretty equal (same size of fleets, almost same type of ships)
and that evened out ok. The second and third game had quite another
objective (testing rather than gaming) in order for us to assess the
ability of a dreadnought. We will fiddle and tamper with the support for

it later on as well as switch sides (could be that my beams would be a
turn or two longer in destroying the Kra'vak SDN). As to judge whether
some weapons are more powerful than others, ship designs better than
others and stuff like that.. well we have played far too few games to
judge that, and even if we had played a lot more it still wouldn't
matter - we are not aiming for strictly balanced games - just fun. And
even though the dreadnought was wiped out fast we still had fun both
games.. and we probably would make the same type of unbalanced game
later on - just to have fun..

We have played a lot of WW2 on the eastern front (both early and late)
and we are quite used to more powerful weapons/commanders or what ever
on one side - that's the way it was then, that's how it is if you play
other battles as well - rarely do you have equal forces on both sides..

So sit back and relax, read our reports if you like, don't read them if
you don't feel like it.. The endeavours of Vladimir will continue (he
probably WILL survive each battle in a true Honor Harrington/Horation
Hornblower way while we try all sorts of battles and setups..

Don't take it too serious nor dwelve too much on our findings regarding
weapons :) Statistics won't work on me anyway... I played WH40K when I
started, never won a single battle bar one, many, many of those battles
were most likely lost due to really bad dice rolls. My opponent who was
working every day with statistics stopped wondering about my continous
bad dice rolls in the end - he just accepted it in the end :) But we had

fun all the way - the most important part :)

Stay cool and may the FTL be with you all. (if you paid the points and
mass for it that is :D )

--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan