Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, Next: Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

[GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 44

From: Fred Kiesche <godel2escher2bach@y...>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 06:40:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 44

Greetings:

Interesting stuff!

"Unfortunately, these are exactly the things that a
computer does well (i.e. Combat Mission:Beyond
Overlord), but that misses the feel of miniatures.  If
there were someway to combine the two..."

I recall an effort (1980's) at Fort Knox to combine
close circuit TV and miniatures so you had a "ground
view". Referees and their helpers did the pushing and
pulling of the miniatures. In the early 1990's we used
a Battalion level "game" that was completely
computerized that had limited intelligence. Very
nicely rendered maps, so it had a somewhat miniature
feel.

One game that I've read about, but haven't bought (nor
do I know anybody who owns it), but which sounds darn
interesting is "TacOps". There were WWII and modern
versions, I **think** they were branching out into
other eras. (Hmmm....WWI tanks...one step away from
Steampunk tanks!)

Fred Kiesche (FPK3)

My books are water; those of great geniuses are wine. Everybody drinks
water. (Mark Twain, "Notebook")

Science, science fiction and more. See The Eternal Golden Braid.
(http://theeternalgoldenbraid.blogspot.com/)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, Next: Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,