Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 43 Next: [GZG] Target Identification and IFF

[GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:19:14 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

> In general, do you prefer your starships to be smooth  and sleek
> (example: Trek Federation ships) or blocky and complex (example:  B5
> Earth Alliance)?
>
> Best,
>
> Jon  (GZG)

    Yes.  I like Trek ships (or Minbari or Vorlon, etc.) as "very high
tech"
  designs where asthetics are design considerations and (for Trek
anyways)
  where ships are more than just warships.  On the other hand, I also
like UN
  and NSL ships for a setting where functionality is primary and ships
are
  warships only.

> I also think the new ESU ships have a look ressembling both NI and JPN

> combination. Am I the only that thinks that?
>
> Vince

    Nope, not the only one.  I rather liked the NI and JPN ships when
they came
  out, but I don't care for the ESU ships having the same sort of "multi
level"
  structure as the JPN ships.  Too radical a change from the old designs
for
  my taste.  Along the same lines, I don't care for the new NAC heavy
cruiser.
  It's just too busy and "un-NAC ish" for me.  The light cruiser and
corvette
  are better.  I'd prefer to see the smoother lines of the command pod
retained
  with perhaps a limited number of protuberances up front.

  grant

Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 43 Next: [GZG] Target Identification and IFF