Prev: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

[GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..?

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:17:25 +0100
Subject: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..?

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 09:25, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> In general, do you prefer your starships to be smooth and sleek
> (example: Trek Federation ships) or blocky and complex (example: B5
> Earth Alliance)?

My main fleet is the NSL - blocky, ugly and not a sign of aerodynamic
design anywhere. However, they still have an up/down design (I'm
failing to remember the correct term): bits of the ships dangle
down beneath the 'centre' but not up above it. The IJN also have
a big problem here, making it looks like they were designed for
a gravity well.

I quite liked the thin necks of the NAC - made it look like the
engines, reactors and other 'dirty' bits were being kept well
back from the crew quarters (a bit like Discovery in 2001).

--
Sam.					  http://www.glendale.org.uk/