Prev: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID

Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:38:09 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID

In a message dated 8/30/2005 12:30:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmaddox1@hot.rr.com writes:

The  entire friend foe recognition thing is not made easier when one's
allies	purchase enemy equipment. As happened in Kuwait in 1995
where they bought  lots of  the Yugoslav T 72 knock offs and BMP3s!
This lead to a	funny  (from our sides point of view) incident where the
Kuwaiti  column moved  close to our lines and every M1 and Bradley
tracked  them as they went by. Despite the best efforts of the command
to rein them  in (as they had full combat loads of ammo) on the radio,
the turrets only  stooped moving when the Kuwaiti column moved	on.

I know the  Kuwaiti units had a collective sphincter  check...........

Don

I am a 19D in the US Army, I worl directly with the 107thArmored
Battalio.
Spacifically with the M1A2s. the FAF system does now work in that manor
for our
 targeting comps. The FAF is a sugnal in the equipment. With the Kuwaits
in
reguards to that, there was no signal to identify them and our men went
on eye
 site and madea positive identifcation of them beig Soviet made "soda
cans",
I  mean tanks..  LOL

Prev: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID