Prev: [GZG] vehicle ID Next: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID

Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID

From: Robert Bryett <rbryett@m...>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:50:10 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID

III advancing into russia with a huge mucking german flag strapped
over the turret top to the eager stuka pilots knew to aim the other
way :) <<<<

My Dad was an RAF pilot, so I feel I have to remind the list of the
broad black & white "invasion stripes" painted on allied tactical
aircraft from 1944 so that all the myopic pongos on the ground might
recognise which planes were friendlys... Relying on ground troops'
aircraft-recognition skills could be dangerous, as many a pilot of an
early P-51 mistaken for a bf109 could attest. Friendly fire goes up
as well as down.

Best regards, Robert Bryett
rbryett@mail.com

Prev: [GZG] vehicle ID Next: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID