Prev: Re: [GZG] Brian's questions Next: [GZG] Moving on, literally

Re: [GZG] Mini scale (Was: (Minis) I'm Baaaaaaack.......)

From: Jerry Acord <acord@i...>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:53:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mini scale (Was: (Minis) I'm Baaaaaaack.......)

Robert Bryett wrote:

> I'm a bit puzzled by some of the maths here. At 1/64 scale 25mm would

> represent 1.6m (about 5'3").... That's pretty short for a guy.

It depends upon what you mean by 25mm.	Quite a few folks /
manufacturers measure from sole of foot to eye level (and as I recall
the GZG Stargrunt line falls into this group).	By that method, 25mm
does equate to 1:64 if you assume the full figure height corresponds to
5'8".

See http://theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html

If you have many 1:72 plastic figures, which are nominally "20mm", you
will find they are most likely 22mm to 25mm full height, but mix fairly
well with 20mm metal figures (but of course, as with 25mm and 28mm there

is a whole lot of variation).

See any of the figure reviews on Plastic Soldier Review for true figure
heights of "1:72" plastic figures: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com

Cheers

--
Jerry Acord [+] acord@imagiware.com [+] http://imagiware.com/acord/

Prev: Re: [GZG] Brian's questions Next: [GZG] Moving on, literally