Prev: Re: [GZG] Kitbash from WWII Next: Re: [GZG] Converting WW2 to Sc-fi (was re: Brian's questions)

Re: [GZG] Converting WW2 to Sc-fi (was re: Brian's questions)

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@g...>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:26:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Converting WW2 to Sc-fi (was re: Brian's questions)

On 8/26/05, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:55:36 -0700
> From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@comcast.net>

> I'm finding that a Russian T-34 or an IS-3 make for a good base.  Some
> of the Panzer IVs look promising.  I haven't looked into British armor
> for this.  Some of the French tanks, because of their extremely tall
> silhouette would make for a good hovertank conversion (just leave the
> tracks off pretty much)

How are folks doing hovertank conversions? I've done some in the past,
mostly by cutting styrene sheets to cover up the spaces where the
tracks once stood. Unfortunately it's somewhat time consuming. Can
anyone offer any advice?

(What I'd really like to do is to find some way of copying my old
Traveller grav tanks. I have three, and a grav APC. I'd buy more in an
instant but they are almost impossible to find.)
--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Kitbash from WWII Next: Re: [GZG] Converting WW2 to Sc-fi (was re: Brian's questions)