Prev: Re: [GZG] (Minis) I'm Baaaaaaack....... Next: RE: [GZG] Brian's questions

[GZG] Brian's questions

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:24:43 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Brian's questions

Brian, DS/2 should be 1/300th or 1/285th (old microarmour scales) or
6mm, as opposed to
7mm or 1/350th. (The odd part is 1/350th should be smaller than 1/300th,
and 7mm should be
bigger than 6mm.... ?)

I'd like to see a pic of the DP9 new figs you think work as PA - I
always find when I
stand them next to a human figure, I see some place the human would not
fit. I do have
about 30-40 of the older gears though, and now have some painted up for
the UN and some
for the ESU. (One day, when taxes, work, and sick parents allow... I'll
get pix up on
stargrunt.ca)

25mm means different things to different folks. Some people reckon
figure scale from boot
sole to top of hat or helmet. Some reckon from bootsole to eye height on
the figure. Then
we've had 'scale creep' from GW into gargantuan 28mm and then 30mm.
GZG's stuff looks to
me to be about 1/64th scale. 1/72nd is closer to 15 or 20mm. 1/32nd or
1/35th is too big.
Let's say our 1" high GZG figure is meant to be about 5'8" tall, which
would be about 68".
But since many model makers blow scaling stuff badly, some 1/35th scale
stuff will work,
some 1/72nd scale stuff will work, and anything in between may work. I
usually size to
things like seats or control areas or cockpit sizes or how big the item
will be on the
table. At 1" = 10m, I don't mind if the vehicle is a bit smaller. Big
resins eat up about
80m worth of board space! Now, if you're playing a 1"=2m skirmish game,
then having a big
tank eat up 6-8" is not so bad. But at 1"=10m, many of the GWesque
vehicles (like my old
Armorcast Temptests at 10-12") are just waaaay tooo biiiiig.

TomB
Not dead, just too busy to speak up much...

Prev: Re: [GZG] (Minis) I'm Baaaaaaack....... Next: RE: [GZG] Brian's questions